Monday 8 April 2013

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Regarding what I have learnt in reference to our media product, I have learnt that in order for our group to have the best possible product was for us all to communicate well with each other and for all of us to listen to each other’s ideas too. We did have many difficulties when it came to the construction of our media product, for example, our ideas. We all had many ideas that we wished to share with each other, but in some cases it was that we did not all agree with each other, or that it was just not possible for us to complete the specific idea.

During the filming of our title sequence, we decided to change our first idea, this was because when it came to the actual filming of it, and when we were watching over the footage, we were not fully happy with the outcome and we felt that we needed to portray the ideas that we had better. From this, we then changed our story boards.

From the above, I believe that an important part of the completion of the full product was planning. It is definitely essential to plan when it comes to completing the product. This includes: story boards; the dates of when we would film; what we were going to film; the different angles and when we would edit the footage we had shot. I think in regards to what I have learnt, I think that we would have had less problems if we would have planned the filming more as when it actually came to it, we often found ourselves going off on tangents and not being very aware of what we were filming. Having said this, I do believe that in regards to the production and planning, I worked very hard in trying to control the situations, the editing process and essentially getting the best possible shots that we initially wanted. I personally think that during the progression of making the title sequence, my skills regarding final cut pro have improved. This is because I was often doing the editing, and staying after school to complete the editing. As we had a lot of footage in our title sequence, this also helped with my editing skills because we had to be very thorough when we were editing it, in order for the duration of the title sequence to be smooth.

 Another essential component that I have improved on is my leader ship skills. This was by assigning certain areas that needed to be completed to other members of the team, and then completing certain areas myself too, I felt that in order for us all to complete the media product we all needed to be doing similar amounts of work. By taking on the role of the leader, I had to make sure that everyone was doing the right things and putting enough work into them. Another point that I have improved on, is working in a team. I often find myself wanting to take control and do a lot of the work, but in this case I realised that it was impossible to everything alone. From this, it has improved my skills in being able to listen to everybody’ s ideas, and also making sure that everybody was heard in the group. I felt that it was essential that we were all working together and that no one was left out and felt comfortable with what they were completing.

No comments:

Post a Comment